Get to know our highly skilled surgeon with experience in a wide range of areas and both cosmetic and plastic procedures.
Dr Samuel Yang is an experienced Brisbane born and Queensland trained Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. He was awarded his Bachelor of Science (med), Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from the University of NSW in 2000. He returned home to Queensland after this to start work as an intern at the Mater Hospital in Brisbane.
After also working as a junior doctor at Logan, Nambour and Greenslopes Hospitals, Sam was selected onto the General Surgery Advanced Training program by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. He spent two years training in General Surgery at Toowoomba, Rockhampton and Ipswich Hospitals. He then returned to Brisbane when he was chosen to start advanced training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. There, he worked in all the major tertiary teaching hospitals for the state.
When he completed his Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery training Sam was awarded his Fellowship by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. He then undertook further post fellowship training for another 13 months in Oxford University, UK, as a clinical fellow to gain more overseas knowledge and experience.
On returning home from the United Kingdom, Sam was invited to take up a position as a specialist consultant in Plastic Surgery at the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane. Here, he continues to look after public patients and also participates in the Melanoma Unit. In addition, Dr Yang teaches and mentors Plastic Surgery trainees who are in the process of obtaining their own fellowship in the specialty. As a senior lecturer for the University of Queensland Medical School, he also trains and tutors medical students.
|Also known as:||
|Desired results:||Get to know Dr. Sam Yang, a qualified Brisbane plastic surgeon, by booking a consultation with him to discuss your physical goals and how he can help you achieve them.|
Dr Yang’s Affiliations include:
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the Australian Medical Association
As a plastic surgeon, Dr Samuel Yang is experienced in general plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery with a particular expertise in:
- skin cancers (especially on functionally and cosmetically sensitive areas)
- surgically managing lymph nodes for cancer spread
- reconstructive breast surgery (augmentation mammoplasty)
- breast reduction and breast lift surgery (reduction mammaplasty, mastopexy)
- breast augmentation (augmentation mammoplasty)
- body contouring surgery (tummy tuck, liposuction, belt lipectomy/360 circumferential lipectomy)
- body cosmetic surgery (brachioplasty, liposuction, abdominoplasty, gynaecomastia, belt lipectomy/360 circumferential lipectomy)
- head and neck surgery (meloplasty, cervicoplasty, platysmaplasty)
- microsurgical reconstruction from cancer or trauma
Brisbane Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
If you have any questions regarding our procedures or would like to book a consultation with Dr Yang, don’t hesitate to contact us.